Answers to Some Important Questions about Hardwood Flooring
Homeowners who want to choose hardwood flooring must be aware that it will add beauty, style, value and comfort to your abode. This long-lasting and versatile improvement will match any décor or lifestyle. Often people think how they will maintain and care for their valuable property and retain its worth for a long time. It is a good idea to get answers of important questions before you choose hardwood floor for your home. This blog helps you find some of them.
How do you choose the right hardwood floor?
Other than selecting the perfect shade that will complement your interior decor, wood species demands several considerations that include – texture, size, cut and grain. An important factor to consider is the price of wood and availability of desired species. Hardwood installers examine mechanical properties of wood species such as finish and durability. You may get in touch with experts having immense knowledge about wood species and hardwood floor installation.
Where can you install hardwood flooring?
Hardwood flooring is extremely strong and durable. It is advisable not to install such floors in wet places like bathrooms, lavatories, verandas or anywhere that requires mopping. Usually, solid wood floors can be installed in the interior part above the ground with some exceptional places that are highly exposed to moisture. Excessive moisture may cause damage to the surface of wood floors that may lead to cracking, warping or swelling.
What are some advantages of selecting hardwood floor?
These floors have been a traditional choice for homeowners throughout the years. Check out some advantages of installing hardwood to enhance the worth of your property.
- Hardwood floors are available in different colors, texture, pattern and beauty that remain unmatched to other options.
- These floors are easy to clean and maintain.
- They promote healthy air to enter into your house since they do not accumulate dirt, dust and allergens.
- They are extremely durable that ensures they will last for a lifetime. With refinishing and sanding, these floors look new even after using them for many years.
How should you maintain hardwood floor?
It is quite simple to maintain hardwood floor and prevent them from damage. Read on to know few maintenance tips that can help you retain the beauty of these floors for years.
- You need to use a vacuum, mop or sweep to remove dirt and dust from the surface.
- Place rugs on the entrance of your house. Put a mat under the sink in the kitchen to prevent food and liquid spill on hardwood floor.
- You should not drag furniture or heavy objects on the floor. Rather, place safety padding at the bottom of the legs of the furniture to prevent hardwood floor from scratches.
- Protect the hardwood floor from direct sunlight. Although these floors have UV protection layer in its pre-finish, it is advisable to prevent direct exposure to sunlight. You may put curtain or drapery on the windows so that the sun’s rays may not fall directly on the surface.
- Use cleaning products as suggested by the manufacturer to avoid abrasion.
How do you repair scratch marks on hardwood floor?
You may be very careful in maintaining the floor of your house. However, it is unavoidable to prevent stains and scratches on the surface. You may use touch up kit to bring back the finish and repair scratches on the floor. Otherwise, you may wax the damaged area with a clean cloth. Besides, you can always get in touch with a professional to repair dents and scratches with ease.
Apart from these, hardwood floors are easy to maintain, extremely durable, hypoallergenic and found in various styles that complement any interior decor. It is indeed a wise decision to choose these long-lasting species of flooring if you intend to increase the value of your property.